Monday, January 16, 2012

Her Sudden Groom By Rose Gordon

Goodreads Description:

The overly scientific, always respectable and socially awkward Alexander Banks has just been informed his name resides on a betrothal agreement right above the name of the worst chit in all of England. With a loophole that allows him to marry another without consequence before the thirtieth anniversary of his birth, he has only four weeks to find another woman and make her his wife.







My Rating:


My Review:


I have read only one other book from Rose Gordon and I absolutely LOVED it so I wanted to see if it was a fluke or if she was just an all around awesome author.  I have come to the conclusion that she is just an awesome writer.

In this the first in her Groom series, Alexander Banks was just informed by his dieing father that he has to marry in less then a month a bride of his choosing or marry the horrible Lady Olivia through a bridal contract made when they were infants.  Alex is a scientist and all his thoughts seem to work around science until he meet Caroline Sinclair, cousin to his betrothed.

I loved the interactions between Caroline and Alex.  I enjoyed how awkward Alex was and how shy but intelligent Caroline was.  I also really enjoyed how the author intermingled her two series.  It was done in a clever way and added depth and back story with out having to add it all into one book.  It made room for the primary story line and laying down the paths for the future stories!  The many facets of the story line were fantastic and made the plot original and paced in a way to not get boring.  I highly recommend and I can't wait to read the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment