Monday, January 16, 2012

The Forgiven Duke by Jamie Carie

Goodreads Description:

Tethered by her impulsive promise to marry Lord John Lemon - the path of least resistance - Alexandria Featherstone sets off toward Iceland in search of her parents with a leaden heart. A glimpse of her guardian, the Duke of St. Easton - the path less traveled by - on Dublin’s shore still haunts her.

Will he come after her? Will he drag her back to London, quelling her mission to rescue her treasure-seeking parents, or might he decide to throw caution to the wind and choose Foy Pour Devoir: “Faith for Duty,” the St. Easton motto. The Featherstone motto Valens et Volens: “Willing and Able,” beats in her heart and thrums through her veins. She will find her parents and find their love, no matter the cost.

The powerful yet wing-clipped Duke of St. Easton has never known the challenge that has become his life since hearing his ward’s name. Alexandria Featherstone will be the life or the death of him. Only time and God’s plan will reveal just how much this man can endure for the prize of love.

My Rating:


My Review:


I am not a fan of cliffhangers and excessive high suspension an action.  I also am not a fan of highly religious books.  This book has a lot of high suspense scenes and in my opinion some of which didn't need to be done.  The religion aspect of this book is not stuffed in the readers faces, for which I appreciate and thus don't mind so much being in the book.  I did see how the author thought Suspense and action necessary though and I can appreciate how it added certain depth and excitement to the story line.

I did enjoy this second installment of the series and how the story progressed.   Alexandria's bravery and love for her parents is admirable though I think unwarranted since they treated her so horribly.  John Lemon slowly but surely shows his true colors and I'm thankful Alexandria sees them and decides not to marry him.  The Duke never stops trying to save Alexandria, and even though he has many trials in this book and man does he have a ton of crap fall on him in this book.  I loved the ending and I can not wait to read the last installment and Alexandria and the Dukes search for Alexandria's parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment