Thursday, January 26, 2012

Confessions of an Improper Bride by Jennifer Haymore

Goodreads Description:

TWICE TEMPTED
Serena Donovan left London six years ago, her heart broken and her reputation ruined by devilishly handsome Jonathan Dane. Now, with her family's future in peril, she reluctantly agrees to return to England and assume her late twin's identity. The price? Marry a man she doesn't love and spend the rest of her days living a lie.
Jonathan Dane, Earl of Stratford, has become an incorrigible rake, drinking, gambling-and trying to forget Serena Donovan. Yet the moment he's introduced to the prim and proper "Meg", he recognizes the sensual young woman who captured his heart. Haunted by his past mistakes, he refuses to lose Serena againBut convincing her to trust him is no easy task. Claiming his lost love means exposing the truth and destroying the life Serena has sacrificed everything to rebuild. With the future of all the Donovans at stake, and their undying passion capable of triggering yet another scandal, how much will Jonathan and Serena risk for a chance at true love?


My Rating:


My Review:


This book answered all the questions I formed when I read the second book prior to this book.  However, this book created a few questions that weren't answered in the second book and I'd love to know the answers to!

First, the last conversation Serena and Jonathan have with the capital some things are revealed however they aren't even touched in the second book and so I want to know what happens with him and his complications.  I also was very disappointed with Meg's death.  The author makes a big deal about them being able to see land when the storm hits that drags Meg out to sea.  I can't wait to read the third book about the captain and someone who looks like Meg!

Serena's trying to live a lie is interesting to read and seeing her struggle is a good read however it got boring sometimes.  Her internal struggle between love and honor are again interesting to read but are beat to death and drawn out to the point where I wanted to just throw the book.  But I didn't because there were some redeeming qualities to the story.  Like Phoebe's romance and rebellion and how that shows Serena what she has to do with her internal struggle.  I love her Aunt, who is so catting it's fun to read and I loved Jonathan's first cousin and I hope there is a book about her and her finding love! I will be reading the 3rd book just so I can see if Meg resurfaces and if so what happened to her and if the captain will have a happily ever after!

No comments:

Post a Comment