Monday, March 14, 2011

Secret Desires of a Gentleman by Laura Lee Guhrke

Good Reads Description:

Once Upon a Time . . .

Maria Martingale was going to elope. But Phillip Hawthorne, Marquess of Kayne, put a stop to those plans when he learned his younger brother intended to marry a cook's daughter. Now, twelve years later, Maria discovers that the man who holds her fate in his hands is none other than the haughty gentleman who sent her packing—and he's as handsome and arrogant as ever.

Happily Ever After?

Always the proper gentleman, Phillip will do anything to protect his family from scandal, and when Maria dares to move in right next door, he knows scandal will surely follow. She is as tempting as he remembered . . . and the more he sees her, the harder it is for Phillip to keep his own secret desire for her a secret . . .

My Rating: 3.5 out of 5

My Review:

The story was good and I loved the relationship between Maria and Phillip. Maria's strong will and determination to be her own employer and have her own bakery. Phillip is likable even though he is very selfish through out the story but he redeems himself in the last page. The only reason I don't rate this higher is because I felt the ending was too abrupt and fast. It left me wanting to read a chapter more so I'd know how things turn out. I'd still recommend this to any one who's enjoyed the other Girl Bachelor books or anyone who enjoys romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment