Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Goodreads Description:

When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time. 

The unworldly, innocent Ana is shocked to realize she wants this man, and when he warns her to keep her distance it only makes her more desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her - but on his own terms. 

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey's singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving adoptive family – Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a passionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own dark desires, as well as the Christian Grey hidden away from public scrutiny.

Can their relationship transcend physical passion? Will Ana find it in herself to submit to the self-indulgent Master? And if she does, will she still love what she finds?

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

My Rating:


My Review:

I picked this up because of all the hype around this book.  I really enjoyed it and I did like the unique qualities of this book.  It was definitely not what I expected.  It was more about the story then the erotica content and I really enjoyed that aspect.  I felt for Anastasia and her conflicted feelings about Christian and his unique tastes in sex.  I loved how Anastasia effected Christian as much as Christian affected Anastasia.  I was shocked and excited by the way the first book ended and I hope the second book follows through and makes me more happy.  We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment