Thursday, February 16, 2012

Proof by Seduction by Courtney Milan

Goodreads Description:

"She was his last chance for a future of happiness..."
A gifted fortune-teller from a humble background, Jenny can make even the most sophisticated skeptic believe her predictions simply by batting her smoky eyelashes. Until she meets her match in Gareth Carhart, the Marquess of Blakely, a sworn bachelor and scientist.
"He just didn't know it yet"
Broodingly handsome, Gareth is scandalized to discover his cousin has fallen under the spell of "Madame Esmerelda," and vows to prove Jenny a fraud. But his unexpected attraction to the fiery enchantress defies logic. Jenny disrupts every facet of Gareth's calculated plan--until he can't decide whether to seduce her or ruin her. Now, as they engage in a passionate battle of wills, two lonely souls must choose between everything they "know."..and the boundless possibilities of love.

My Rating:



My Review:


I picked this first book in the series up because I highly enjoyed another series by Courtney Milan.  I am so glad I did.  Courtney's writing did an amazing job of showing Gareth's uncomfortable personality.  I kept reading and every once in a while I'd just sit back and wonder at how realistic, awkward, and imperfect Gareth is.  He's not the perfect hero, far from it.  He has huge issues dealing with anyone and that's how he was raised to be but Jenny, AKA Madame Esmerelda, turns his world upside down.  He's confused by her and determined to prove he's right about her.  He doesn't understand that she isn't a mean vindictive person but someone who only means to help until it's too late to stop his destroying his cousin Ned's life.  I loved how Gareth comes to his realizations and how he fixes his mistakes.  I also enjoyed Jenny's views on life and how she doesn't let the world draw her down.

I can't wait to read about Ned's story, which is the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment