Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Victorian Christmas by Catherine Palmer

Goodreads Description:

A beautiful patchwork of four novellas about love and joy at Christmastime by best selling author Catherine Palmer. These four novellas were previously published in four anthologies: A Victorian Christmas Quilt, A Victorian Christmas Tea, A Victorian Christmas Cottage, and A Victorian Christmas Keepsake. 

Return to a time when life was uncomplicated, faith was sincere … and love was a gift to be cherished forever. Includes author's favorite holiday recipes.




My Rating:


My Review:


I got this for free on Amazon.  It has a HEAVY religious tone, and I'm really not that into that.  But the stories are decent.  Just not my cut of tea.  But specifically there are 4 stores in this book and at the end of each there is a yummy recipe which I did love and I copied them all down to try!  They are all happy endings, which is good.  However they seemed far fetched in some cases, due to them believing 100% in God taking control of their fate, especially the last story.  If you are into Religious Historical Romance Short Stories then this book is for me.  Unfortunately I am not into that so I gave it a 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment