Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Blood Rock by Anthony Francis

Goodreads Description:

Dakota Frost is back, and the ink is about to hit the fan-again. 

Graffiti comes to life in the dark heart of Atlanta’s oldest cemetery, slaying one of the city’s best loved vampires before the eyes of his friend Dakota Frost. Deadly magick is at work on the city’s walls, challenging even the amazing power of Dakota’s tattoos to contain it. The hungry, graffiti magick loves to kill, and the Edgeworld is no longer safe from its own kind. 

Dakota begins a harrowing journey to save those she loves and to discover the truth behind the spreading graffiti-even if that truth offends the vampires, alienates the werekin and creates police suspicion of her every action. 

Saving Atlanta may cost her everything, including custody of her “adopted” weretiger daughter, Cinnamon. But failure is not an option. If the graffiti isn’t stopped, Cinnamon could be the next victim.(

My Rating:


My Review:


This is the second in the Skindancer series.  I have to say I was very excited to read this and had such high hopes but they were dashed upon some wordy rocks.  This book was way to detailed and it was exhausting to read and follow all of the MANY aspects to the plot.  I felt there were quite a few things that could have been omitted and made the book flow better, not seem so bogged down with side plots.  One BIG part of the book that could have been deleted was the whole custody issue with Cinnamon.  I also found it hard to follow some of the slang and terminology used to describe some of the scientific issues and Cinnamon's Math terms.

I have to say the writer did bring everything together at the end and none of it seemed out of place but there was just so much going on in this book I found my self wishing it would all just come to a conclusion half way through.

It did have a good plot hidden in there and leads to a great place for the third book to take place but again WAY TO MUCH was stuffed into this book.  I did enjoy Dakota's relationship with 'Cally' and the surprises about Cinnamon and her education issues was a good addition1, but I felt they were concentrated on too much an I wish the writer and done more details about Cinnamon's teacher, Vlad.  I can only hope he makes more of an appearance in the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment