Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Kiss to Remember by Teresa Medeiros

Goodreads Description:

AWAKENED BY A KISS
Laura Fairleigh needs a husband. If she is to keep a roof over her siblings’ heads, the prim rector’s daughter must wed by her twenty-first birthday. When she finds a mysterious stranger with the face of an angel and the body of Adonis unconscious in the forest and with no memory of his name or his past, she decides to claim him for her own. Little does she know that her fallen angel is really the devil in disguise. 

Sterling Harlow, the notorious rakehell known as the “Devil of Devonbrooke,” awakens to the enchanting kiss of a lovely young woman who informs him he is her long-lost betrothed. With her sun-kissed cheeks and smattering of freckles, she looks every inch the innocent, but her curves possess a woman’s allure. When she assures him he is the perfect gentleman, he wonders if he’s lost his wits as well as his memory. He would have sworn he was not a man to be satisfied with mere kisses—especially from lips as sweet and luscious as Laura’s.As he attempts to uncover the truth before their wedding night, A Kiss To Rememberignites a passion neither of them will ever be able to forget....

My Rating:


My Review:

I found this book witty and fun.  I loved Laura's imagination and quickly created lies.  I felt her desperation but I don't think even I would expect anything good to come from fooling a man with amnesia that he is your betrothed. But she was desperate and I can understand that.  I found Sterlings past sad but I felt his actions through out the book are believable and so it seems like a realistic romance.   I did like Sterlings Cousins side story as well and I hope they make an appearance in the next book!  The ending was typical and a happy ever ending.  I didn't give this a 5 out of 5 because it didn't have much of a secondary plot.  I like romances with mystery or secondary plots more then straight romances.  That aside this was a very good book and I can't wait to get my hands on the second in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment