Monday, December 5, 2011

The Guardian Duke by Jamie Carie

Goodreads Description:

The Guardian Duke is award-winning novelist Jamie Carie’s most exciting story yet, a uniquely arranged Regency-era romantic adventure where hero and heroine know each other through written letters but have yet to meet.
Gabriel, the Duke of St. Easton, is ordered by the King to take guardianship over Lady Alexandria Featherstone whose parents are presumed dead after failing to return from a high profile treasure hunt. But Alexandria ignores this royal reassignment, believing her parents are still alive and duly following clues that may lead to their whereabouts. Gabriel, pressured by what are actually the King’s ulterior motives, pursues her across windswept England and the rolling green hills of Ireland but is always one step behind.
When they do meet, the search for earthly treasure will pale in comparison to what God has planned for both of them.


My Rating:


My Review:

I was drawn in from the very beginning.  I loved the Duke, Gabriel, and felt for him with his hearing issues.  I've heard about seeing noise and it was very interesting to put that concept into this book.  I can't wait to read the second book to find out what he has.  As for Lady Alex, she is strong and brave and lucky to have the two men she found helping her.  I absolutely HATE cliffhanger ending and this book has one so be warned.  I was flipping the pages as fast as I could and then NOTHING...ARGH so frustrating.  I WANT MORE NOW!  The Mystery in this book is FANTASTIC! But to the book itself, Lady Alex is looking for her 2 parents who were hired by the Crown to find a missing manuscript.  Lord Gabriel is looking for Lady Alex because she is in danger and doesn't even know it.  I don't want to say too much but even with the cliffhanger ending it's a must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment