Thursday, November 10, 2011

Against the Wind by Kat Martin

Goodreads Description:

They were known as the "no-account Raines boys" but they've grown into successful, honorable men and everything they have, they've fought for tooth and nail. Now each of the three brothers has one last obstacle to overcome to claim what's eluding them: love.
Secrets don't stay buried long in cattle country. Sarah Allen, the beautiful girl who humiliated Jackson Raines in high school, is back in town. Not so long ago, she couldn't wait to leave Wind Canyon, Wyoming, in her dust. But, recently widowed, she has nowhere else to go and finds herself on Jackson's ranch. And despite everything, Jackson's finding himself reluctant to get rid of her.
Sarah brings her own kind of trouble, and he can't resist trouble. Enemies of her dead husband show up making threats, thinking she has something they're owed. They're not taking no for an answer, but what they will take is the one thing she has left—her daughter. Jackson's the only one who might be able to save little Holly and bring her home.


My Rating: 3 1/2 out of 5

My Review:

I am not really a huge contemporary romance fan.  But a favorite author of mine recommended this author so I picked up this book at the library.  I enjoyed it and I loved having a change in pace from my normal books.  I liked the story line, the mystery.  I was drawn in by the mystery and the premises of a small town girl who rose above her lot but with the wrong man, to find true love later on in life after some serious events have changed her forever.  Sarah Allen is that girl.  She marries who she think is the perfect man to realize too late he is anything but.  After his murder, she moves back to her home town with her daughter and realizes she's rented a cottage on Jackson Raines ranch.  She was horrible to him when they were younger but that doesn't prevent them from falling for each other.  The romance is perfectly paced and sweet.  Jacksons interaction with Sarahs daughter too are sweet!  I also loved meeting Jacksons 2 brothers and can't wait to see how they find love!  The main reason this got a 3 1/2 out of 5 was because to me the ending felt very rushed.  After all the detail and description in the majority of the book the end was just too quick!  But still a good read and I don't regret reading it at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment