Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr

Goodreads Description:

Last Christmas, Marcie Sullivan said a final goodbye to her husband Bobby. This Christmas she’s come to Virgin River to find the man who saved his life and gave her three more years to love him. 

Fellow marine Ian Buchanan dragged Bobby’s shattered body onto a medical transport in Fallujah four years ago then disappeared as soon as their unit arrived Stateside. Since then, Marcie’s letters to Ian have gone unanswered. 

Marcie tracks Ian to the tiny mountain town of Virgin River and finds a man as wounded emotionally as Bobby was physically. But she is not easily scared off. As Marcie pushes her way into his rugged and reclusive life, she discovers a sweet but damaged soul beneath a rough exterior. 

Ian doesn’t know what to make of the determined young widow who forces him to look into the painful past and, what’s worse, the uncertain future. But it is, after all, a season of miracles and maybe, just maybe, it’s time to banish the ghosts and open his heart.

My Rating:


My Review:


This was the 4th in the series, and I was a little let down.  It was still a great read but I would have preferred to see other town members stories first!  They aren't even mentioned much in the following book in the series.  It just seems a little out of order I guess.  I liked Marcie's determination even though she's stupid about somethings and risks her life.  I loved Ian and his tortured soul. I also wished there was a little more information about other members of the town.  I did love what Mel did for the town with her Christmas tree idea!

One pet peeve I have is when order isn't right.  And there is a HUGE mistake in this book with reference to timeline.  See below for Spoiler:


















Lilly has breast cancer and it is diagnosed and she dies in the 3rd book but this book talks about Lilly being at the tree lighting.  I am almost 100% sure that in book 3 she dies prior to Christmas.  It could be that I'm wrong.  In book 3, it's just stated that she dies in her sleep with her family around but then why would she be at the tree lighting in the 4th book it just confused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment