Monday, August 1, 2011

An Unlikely Countess by Jo Beverley

Goodreads Description:

Prudence Youlgrave is out to marry above her station and secure a happy life. Catesby Burgoyne is out to continue his noble family's good name. When fate pushes them together, they are married-but this inconvenient marriage of convenience quickly turns into something much more...

My Rating: 2 out of 5

My Review:

This book was a decent read but nothing fantastic.  I enjoyed the plot and I really enjoyed the interactions between the hero and heroine.  I also liked the hero and heroine's character and personalities.  However things seemed too easy, there wasn't any real conflict between the two, even at hard times they seemed to be always smiling or making the best of things. That annoyed me for some reason. Also there was not one romantic scene in this book, or should I say bedroom scene.  I was actually very disappointed at the end.  I wanted there to be an epilogue or perhaps them finally having a full physical interaction.  I felt the bad guy and evil deeds were sort of an after thought to carry the story since there weren't any bedroom scenes.  I don't really think I could recommend this. All in all very disappointed, I had higher hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment