Friday, August 26, 2011

An O'Brien Family Christmas by Sherryl Woods

Goodreads Description:


Dating Matthew O’Brien-a playboy and a younger man-cost Laila Riley her career and her parents’ respect. A high price, even for love-and when Laila decides it was just a fling, she breaks it off, despite Matthew’s objections.
It’s a great time to get away from it all, but Laila has reservations about joining the O’Briens for a Dublin holiday. Matthew’s bound to be there, and she’s far from immune. What if she can’t resist temptation?
Meanwhile, the O’Briens are in an uproar over matriarch Nell’s unexpected romance with an old flame. Will she follow her heart despite the risks? And will Laila discover that some risks are actually once-in-a-lifetime opportunities?


My Rating: 4 out of 5

My Review:

I haven't read the others in the series, however this book could completely stand on its own. I wasn't lost or confused by the other characters and they way their back stories were mentioned flowed well and wasn't confusing or too intense. I loved Laila and Matthews story and their interactions together. Laila has family issues, particularly with her father who wanted his son to take over the family business but is left with the daughter with the brains for numbers. He doesn't hide his disappointment of her and Laila's story is much about taking control of her life as it is her romance with Matthew. I enjoyed seeing her grow. Her issues and irrational reactions seemed very realistic and I felt for her. The epilogue had me crying happy tears and I love when a book brings out strong emotions. I think I related personally with this book on a few levels and it made it an even better read for me. Highly recommend and I will definitely be picking up books 1 through 7 in the series to see the detailed stories of the other family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment