Thursday, August 11, 2011

Scandal of the Year by Laura Lee Guhrke

Goodreads Description:

ONE TRYST WAS ALL SHE WANTED ...

From their very first meeting, Julia knew that Aidan Carr, the oh-so-proper Duke of Trathen, had a bit of the devil in him, a devil who secretly yearned for what he could not have, a devil who harbored a desire for her. So when she needed to be caught in a compromising situation, Aidan was the answer to her prayers.

ONE TRYST JUST WASN'T ENOUGH ...

Aidan is supposed to be looking for a bride, yet his scandalous liaison with Julia is all he can think about. Hot, erotic memories of kissing her skin, falling into her bed, pulling her naked body on top of his own continue to torment and tempt him. What is it about this brazen seductress that he finds so hard to resist? And how can he stop himself from falling into her bed a second time?


My Rating: 3 out of 5

My Review:

I enjoyed the story, however it wasn't fantastic.  It was just average in almost every way so I gave it the 3 out of 3.  The interactions between the hero and heroine were interesting but fairly predictable.  I did enjoy the mystery as to why the heroine went after the divorce and I liked that it was drawn out till the end to get the answer.  I also loved the love scene when it occurred.  I didn't like the ending, but recently I haven't been overjoyed with many endings lately.  I had questions I would have enjoyed having answered but no book is perfect and again I think this was an average romance.  Better then some but nowhere near the best I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment