Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cinder and Ella by Melissa Lemon

Goodreads Description:

After their father’s disappearance, Cinder leaves home for a servant job at the castle. But it isn’t long before her sister Ella is brought to the castle herself—the most dangerous place in all the kingdom for both her and Cinder. Cinder and Ella is a Cinderella story like no other and one you'll never forget.

My Rating: 5 out of 5

My Review:

I absolutely loved this book.  It wasn't all light and happiness.  I would say this was a dark romance.  Very original take on the Cinderella story.  I can guarantee you have never read this version of the story before.  I loved how the Prince was the bad guy and the knights were the saviors.  I loved Ella and her determination.  I felt bad for her and Cinder for being taken advantage of but I will tell you that everyone gets whats coming to them. :)  I enjoyed the mystical aspects especially and the part about the Tree Myth.  A MUST READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment