Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 2014

Spring is upon us and I'm frantically cleaning and trying to get my house ready for my youngest child's birthday party plus my annual Easter Egg Hunt.  *Pulls Hair Out!*  However I did manage to read some books this month.  Not many but enough to keep me sane!

Below is a link to the books I've read this month:



Net Galley Reviews:


These books were given to me as a gift in return for a honest personal review.  All opinions are my own.  

1.) The Unexpected Duchess (Playful Brides #1) by 

My Rating:
My Review:
I could not put this book down. I love the banter between Lucy and Derek. The series name, Playful Brides, is certainly accurate! Lucy is a unique person especially in the early 1800's. I absolutely loved how strong her character is. The plot is well thought out and perfectly paced. I loved the secondary characters and can not wait to read the next book, Unexpected Countess! The only reason I gave it a for out off five is because in a few places I thought the banter was unnecessarily drawn out. It doesn't detract from the story line, just a little tiresome in a few scenes. Definitely a must read!

Review on Goodreads





2.) Dark Moon by  


My Rating: 
My Review:
I enjoyed the overall story line and plot progression. I liked the character interactions also. I think the writing could use a little work. At some points the dialogue seems more like slang or conversational more then written, if that makes sense. There are some editing issues that also should be addressed where sentences end incomplete or seem to jump about. But even with these flaws, you can still see the story evolve and suck you in. You want to see how it will end and if the good or evil will win. I want to read more about the secondary characters. As I said I love the story line, plot twists, and romance. All in all a great start to a potentially amazing series!

No comments:

Post a Comment