Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fortune Hunter Series by Christina Dodd

Goodreads Description for Dangerous Ladies (Book 1 Trouble in High Heels and 2 Tongue in Chic):

Two sexy, suspenseful bestsellers? together in one volume!

Two stories of dangerous women entangled in the arms of deliciously treacherous men?

Trouble in High Heels

When Brandi Michaels discovers her fiancé hopping a flight to Vegas to marry his other girlfriend, she pawns her ring, buys herself a fabulous outfit, and spends one sultry night in the arms of a gorgeous Italian stranger named Roberto Bartolini. And when Brandi becomes the mark for a killer, she has no choice but to turn to Roberto?a man who?s destined to be either her savior or her downfall?

Tongue in Chic

Devlin Fitzwilliam catches Meadow Szarvas breaking into his mansion to steal a priceless painting. In sheer desperation she tells him she has amnesia. But then he claims she?s his wife?and Meadow finds herself locked in a match of high-stakes deception. She doesn?t dare take her eyes off him?and doesn?t want to?yet the danger is just beginning?

My Rating:

My Review:

I really loved this book.  I was looking for a contemporary romance with some suspense and this DEFINITELY gave me what I wanted.  I loved the loose connection between the books with the half brothers and how they all are in some way connected to each other through their father and his misdeeds.  I loved the romance between both brothers and their significant others! 

Goodreads Description for Thigh High:              Nessa Dahl always had the good sense to steer clear of trouble. Then Jeremiah MacNaught showed up in New Orleans, determined to get to the bottom of a string of bank robberies by two women wearing Mardi Gras masks. Little does Nessa realize that the handsome investigator is convinced she's involved with the crimes-or that he's willing to do anything to get the truth. Even if it means taking the beautiful woman he's convinced is a liar and a thief straight to bed...




My Rating:

My Review:

I had a love hate relationship with Nessa.  She was so nice but strong but she let people crap on her and that just made me mad.  I loved the humor in this book and I really enjoyed the slow romance that built between her and Jeremiah.  The Vault scene was HOT, and I will never forget it!  This is the least favorite of mine in this series, but saying that, this was still a FANTASTIC story and I'm not upset in any way I read it.  

Goodreads Description for Danger in a Red Dress:                                                           Down on her luck and desperate for work, beautiful Hannah Grey finds herself in a mansion on the wild Maine coast, caring for a lonely elderly woman. On her deathbed, she entrusts Hannah with a dangerous secret. Now Hannah's on the run, pursued by killers, and she desperately needs the one man who can keep her alive. Gabriel Prescott has hunted for a home his entire life. Now he's on the verge of finding his long-lost family. Only one person dares to stand in his way --- Hannah Grey. Yet the delicate, determined woman who threatens his search for truth may be the only woman who can save him.
My Rating:


My Review:

I LOVED Hannah's character!  I totally thought I had it all nailed down those first few chapters but the plot kept taking turns and it kept getting so much better!  Hannah had a rough patch and thought she found a savior, but he was a devil in sheep clothing!  I loved how Gabriel gets involved and how the romance forms.  I felt the reactions and emotions written in this book were very realistic and felt I would have reacted in the same ways.  I really enjoyed finally seeing Gabriel find love and I loved seeing the whole series come together to a wonderful ending! 

No comments:

Post a Comment