Monday, September 5, 2011

The Seduction of An Unknown Lady by Samantha James

Goodread Description:


Seduction is something Fionna Hawkes knows nothing about. So when she encounters a sexy stranger on a moonlit street, her first instinct is to defend herself against her darkly handsome suitor. But letting go of suspicion and allowing herself to fall for Lord Aidan McBride brings even greater danger. In his eyes, she glimpses a powerful passion she longs to fulfill. In his arms, she aches with the secret she longs to unburden. A secret that could cost her her livelihood—and her life.
Aidan could never resist a mystery, especially one as mesmerizing as the lovely Miss Hawkes! Drawing her into the shelter of his embrace, he won't rest until he convinces her to reveal everything. Braving the danger that stalks Fionna at every turn, Aidan is determined to defend her—and just as determined to claim her as his own.


My Rating: 4 out of 5

My Review:


I loved this book. The only reason it gets a 4 out of 5 instead of a 5 out of 5 is because the first hand full of chapters seemed a bit long.  There was a lot of redundancy in my opinion that if cut out or was only referenced half as much would of helped the story along in those first few chapters. After them though, the book was great!  There is a lady, who's father was country gentry, who lives over her book shop taking care of her ill mother.  She keeps to herself to hide her secrets, being her mothers apparent madness and her secret life as a gothic author. Then there's a second brother to a Duke, Aiden, newly returned from India an who has a tormented soul from his time there.  Their interactions are great.  Both are strong willed and determined to have their will win out.  In the end the both find what their looking for even if it's not what they initially expected.

I loved the courtship and the clashing of wills the hero and heroine had and I also loved the little twist at the end.  I was second guessing who I suspected the evil character was.  I love when I am kept on my toes while reading a book.  Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment